Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Roaring 20's

The Great Gatsby movie for 2013 has recently been released and has inspired this blog post. Every commercial I see or conversation I hear relates to the fashion in this story in one way or another. The 1920's was a great decade for fashion, as many people can attest too. How many times do people wear a Flapper costume for Halloween? I see it all the time and that's because they are fabulous!

I love everything about the fashion in this decade. The dresses, the shoes, the hair pieces and even those 1920's inspired handbags are just amazing.

When I think about the 20's, pleats come to my mind. So, I picked two dresses that feature pleats. Each dress shows a fabulous hair piece as well to go with. The shoes are modern but you can always wear a pair of vintage heels with one of these dresses. The accessories I showed are lots of jewelery and a vintage handbag.

The whole idea is to have fun with it!! I also can't wait to see the movie!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment