Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Run For The Roses

Do you know what this weekend is? That's right.... It's Kentucky Derby Weekend! Where big hats and bow ties are the only thing to be worn! It is so easy to get the derby look without spending too much money!

I found some great Derby Hats on Etsy. One of them is featured in my "Derby Outfit". Once you find your hat, you can build your Derby Outfit around it. Because lets face it, it's all about the Hat! All you need is a spring time dress either solid in color or print to match. The dress can be short, long or a high low length. You pick! Then add your accessories! Throw in a cute bag, sandals and a little jewelry and you're ready for the races!

I was lucky enough to go to the Kentucky Derby last year. It was an experience. I wore a color block green and blue dress from Express, my hat was wide brim and straw from Forever 21, and I picked laced up sandals to match. In addition, I picked the winning horse last year, "I'll Have Another". Hopefully I am just as lucky this year. Wish Me Luck!

Also, don't forget a Mint Julip, because after all it is Kentucky and that means it's all about the Bourbon on Saturday!

Can't Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment